Linen comes from the flax plant and is the oldest fabric known!
This type of fabric has been used for over ten thousand years.
Stronger when Wet!!
- Linen is 20 % stronger when wet, getting softer with each washing and lasting longer than other fabrics.
- Linen production uses less water and energy than cotton or synthetics and every part of the flax plant is used.
- Thermo regulating, meaning cool or warm when you need it. Linen fibers actually draw moisture away from your body without the fabric feeling wet to the touch, and allows the moisture to evaporate quickly.
- Linen is lint free.
- Linen is naturally insect repellent.
- Linen gives UV protection.
- Linen has natural antibacterial properties.
- Linen is non-allergenic.
- Linen does not cling and has anti-static properties.
Irish linen is considered some of the finest ever produced. Most people haven’t experienced the unique luxury of soft, comfortable linen for casual wear. We think you will find, like the Pharoahs and pirates of old, there is no other that compares to pure linen.